Health and Safety for Small Business [Canada]
This course introduces owners and managers to the types of health and safety problems that can occur in small businesses and gives practical information and tips regarding strategies to identify hazards and manage risks.
Successful businesses of all sizes know that occupational health and safety is important to overall performance. Workplace injuries and illnesses have a direct effect on your company's bottom line, and the ability to operate safely is essential to building a productive, cost-effective organization.
In this course, we will review the business case for workplace health and safety, then go on to outline key health and safety issues that all small business owners should be aware of.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Outline the business case for health and safety in the workplace.
- Locate health and safety legislation that applies to your business.
- Identify the health and safety responsibilities of employers.
- Describe strategies for meeting your health and safety responsibilities.
- Identify workplace hazards.
- Identify key components of an effective health and safety program.
- The Business Case for Health and Safety
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Emergency Preparedness and Fire Prevention
- Occupational Hygiene
- Workplace Inspection
- Developing a Health and Safety Program
Small business owners
Accessible, audio, hybrid, mobile